Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Word of the Day: Trust

Hey folks! Hope you liked my post here about love. Was it helpful? I hope so, because I want you too feel love for yourself.

Today, as I sit here this morning, the "'word of the day" that keeps popping up in my mind is TRUST. It's a word that is often mistaken or misused; however, it is oh so very important when it comes to paying attention to your body. It's something that we're taught as kid, but loose sense as we get older. Remember when it was ok to eat ANYTHING literally ANYTHING you wanted and how good it felt? That's because your body trusted that you.

 I've used this example on many of my posts, but when I first started to intuitively eat, I ate ice cream, cookies, and quest bars. It tasted so good, ALL time. Eventually, I grew out of that phase and actually started craving others things. Like apples, almonds, veggies, etc...I allowed myself to have a lot of sweets at first, and then I didn't want them as much. Although, I still love me a cookie dough quest bar. MMM MMM....That being said:

Let's talk about what we typically see on TV/Media verses What what trust really does for us. 

1. We must count calories (TRUTH: Not gonna happen long term. I was obsessed, but I didn't know how many calories my body needed in a day; therefore, my body.mind.spirit was never satisfied).

2. We must eat 5 times a day to see real results (TRUTH: Not true either, what if I only want 3 meals one day, or what if I wanted 6 the next?)

3. I have to exercise every day (at least twice) to burn off all the calories I ate to loose weight (TRUTH: Nope, your body runs on calories for fuel, if you're empty, then there's no fuel for the fire, so to speak. It's like an empty gas tank)

4. There is only good food vs. bad food (TRUTH: No way, food is food. When you put labels on it, then everything seems off limits. However, there are better choices, but sometimes your body needs a cheeseburger, ya know? Believe me, when you listen, you won't want it every day)

5. Diets are the only way to live, I'll just eat junk if I seek the truth! (TRUTH: At first you might, but later you won't. Our bodies were not meant to only survive only processed foods all the time.)

It's a process. You have to TRUST yourself to rest after a workout, you have to TRUST yourself after eating lunch, then wanting more an hour or so later, you have to TRUST that you need all carbs for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Why? Because our bodies are like a machine. You have to trust it needs more one day, and less the next. Think of yourself as the Terminator (aka: this guy).

Hope you are finding these words of the day helpful. My hope is to inspire someone to be inspired and to share the love I have found when paying attention to my body.

If you have any questions, want more info, or just need some advice, I would love the opportunity to help you. Comment, email me at (kayladouthitt15@gmail.com) , and follow me on Facebook and Twitter under "Coached By Kayla" and remember you are worthy of all things. Have a wonderful day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment