Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Tasty Tuesday Version 1.0





Hi all...how are ya? It's finally getting a bit warmer here in Kentucky. The sun is out, and I'm getting my tan on (haha). Okie dokie....

I'm starting a new series called "Tasty Tuesday" where I share recipes, ideas, tips, and tricks with you. It's been going on awhile on Facebook and some on Twitter, but now I want to share them on the blog too.

My goal is to show you that eating intuitively is always 100% clean, that you can have your cake, and eat it too so to speak...You can live free from counting calories grams, fat, etc...and enjoy food!

Not to mention (I just love cooking!!!) Besides writing, I love to experiment with new creations in the kitchen, making up new recipes, and trying some old standbys. It's my time to unwind be creative, and try new things. My great-grandmother, and grandmother gave me a lot of old cookbooks I've been looking through. They have things like, pineapple salad, meatloaf, and just plain country cookin' as I call it, so I may give some of them a whirl. Thoughts???

Today, we're starting with some pumpkin pie oatmeal.Good any time of the day. People get in the pumpkin mode for pie, but have you ever tried it in oatmeal? Surprisingly creamy and flavorful. Here's the recipe:

1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 milk of choice
1/4 maple syrup
Chopped almonds
Dark chocolate bits (till your liking or you can omit: I didn't have any this time but it's good)
Dash vanilla
Dash cinnamon
Dash salt
Cook oats according to your liking. Add in milk, spices, and pumpkin. Stir together. Then drizzle hot oatmeal with maple syrup. Top with chopped almonds and couple pieces dark chocolate chips. Enjoy!!

Comment below what you would like me to make next week. I'd love to hear what you'd like too See. 
Enjoy your day, and remember #CoachedbyKayla. Where Healthy Habits Stick Like Glue. 

Need a FREE CONSULTATION contact me via email, Facebook or Twitter. I'd love to work with you <3

Or just click this link here and it will take you straight there. 








               

No comments:

Post a Comment